Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Web Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory808

Technical User
Jul 23, 2007
GB
I am creating a Web document in Quark 5 everything looks loverly on the screen. when i try to print a copy however lots of text apears higher up the page than it does on my original.

what am i doing wrong?

why am i not getting anything like wysiwyg?

Are you printing it from QuarkXPress or a web browser?

The first thing that a print designer needs to learn when moving to web design is that they lack the control of layout that they once had in the print realm.

QuarkXPress' HTML output is pretty poor. If you want help in troubleshooting the HTML, you can post a link to where it may be found. The trouble is that QuarkXPress will not let you edit the HTML (it is just an HTML generator) - so any suggestions offered here would have to be applied to the HTML and CSS files in a plain text or HTML editor.

in order to print the document gets opened up as a web brouser doc.

and this doesn't happen with all text just the odd bit which apears above where i have put it.

how am i ever going to get this email news letter off the ground if its not WYSIWYG.

i've tried taking off text wrap incase it was this upsetting the text but to no avail.

i've even tried guessing where the text will apear so that on my original the text is all over the place to try and get it to appear approximately write. but this can not be the sollution surely?

i used to use quark many years ago for laying out a magazine and other document. but i haven't used it for years especially for web documents which were just not around at the time. so i may be getting something simple quite wrong.

Quark is great for print layout but severly lacking when it comes to web.

Your best bet to get this fixed is to give up on Quark, open the files in a text editor and post the code in the XHTML/CSS forum
Forum215

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back