Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Web pages in Internet Explorer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayfishlady

Instructor
Apr 12, 2000
US
I am a fairly new user of IE5. When I want to print a page or two of a web site or change the printer I wish to print to, I click on the print button in IE5, my printer box doesn't pop up, all of the pages are sent directly to the printer. I cannot control it from the print button. The only way I can select the pages I want to print and the printer I wish to use, is to go thru the file menu and select print, then my printer box pops up and I can make my selections such as pages to print or the printer to use. Is this the default of IE% or is there a setting I can change?<br><br>Fran

The Print button on the IE5 bar is set up to print directly to your default printer, so the only way would be to set up the printer you want as the default printer.<br>Click Start ¦ Settings ¦ Printers<br>Right-click on the printer you need and select 'Set As Default'<br><br>If you need a different printer to be kept as default, then I'm afraid you have no choice but to File... ¦ Print...

Another new feature that the added to ie5 is to select highligted texts and just print that texts.&nbsp;&nbsp;What you do is highlight the portion of the screen that contains the webpage that you want and then rightclick the mouse and click on the print button in the pop up menu then in the print menu and choose &quot;selected text&quot;.<br><br>hope this helps<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br> "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the<br>
Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is<br>
not true." <br>
--Robert Wilensky, University of California <br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back