Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Using WinAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

girishpde

Programmer
Dec 2, 2001
IN
I have an application in PowerBuilder8.
This application generates reports using MS Word.
Each report is a single MSWord Document.
I'm trying to find a method which will help to combine these reports ( say at least 100 MsWord Doc files ) in a single job and Print Using WinAPI.

ShellExecuteA is of no use since it accepts a single file as a single job.

Thanx in advance.
Girish

Two ways.

GoTo MS and search on "job object".

Or

Pause printer send print jobs unpause printer. (Job Object I think would be better for you but its a suggestion anyways!).

Good Luck

I have a similar requirement - using a progress browse, the user highlights multiple word documents and prints them. I have been using shellexecuteA, but this opens up word every time.

Is there a way to print without word opening?

birdman5,

It would be best if you created your own thread to ask your question but I will answer it here. Yes you can print word documents without opening up word but you are going to need to understand the file format of a word document so you can parse it out so that you can send it to the printer correctly. I for one can tell you that just figuring out the file format of word is not an easy process.

check out forum222

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back