Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing troubles using 12x18 paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshellee25

Technical User
Jul 3, 2000
US
Hello,
I use PageMaker 6.5 (Windows) and recently purchased an HP LaserJet 5000, due to it's ability to print full bleed catalog pages. I purchased special 12x18 paper, so that printer marks would appear on a 11x17 catalog spread. However, I can't seem to get the (12x18) paper to show the printer marks, much less center on the page. I have contacted HP thinking it was a hardware issue; however, they said to contact PageMaker, which I'm trying as well. Can anyone help me out?
Thank you in advance!

Hello,
Question?
If you print using the fit to page selected does it print the printer marks?
Is it a PS printer? What does it use to make it PS if it is?
Which driver and ppd are you using?
The HP driver and ppd should be the best but ever so often using the adobe ps driver makes a difference.
The not centering of the page is something in the information sent to the printer by the driver.
If you have a rip, write a ps file from Pagemaker then drop the ps file on the rip or printer.
If this works then look in you printer setup and find the setting to make the driver write the ps first then send it to the printer.
Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back