Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to Wirless Zebra QL 220 Printer via IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleCake

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hi,

I am pretty new to vb.net, but I have used VB6 for the last few years. I am trying to print to a wireless (WHFI) Zebra QL 220 printer from a Symbol wireless scanner (MC9060). I don't know if that is relevant, but I think that I can do most of it, but I can't figure out how to print to the printer by the IP address. I have the following code, which would print to a printer on the network, but it won't work with an IP.

Code:
prnDoc.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = "\\Shipping"

Is there something different that I need to use to print to the IP?

That actually works? i thought you had to have the fully qualified name, which would require a server name and an object name like \\shipping\printer

As far as printing to an ip address, I haven't done it in a LONG time, so my memory may be failing, but I just put int \\192.168.1.???\printer and it worked.

If that doesn't work, you could always set up a DNS or WINS entry so that your server will resolve the ip address for you.

Depending on which OS you're running, you might need to set up a IP port, or a LPR/LPD port to print to an IP address.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back