Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to two printers from a single computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISChana

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
IN
Dear all

1. How Can I print to two Printers from One System in an application. e.g. I have Billing system on my computer . At this computer Laser Printer is installed and DMP is installed on network. then from this system I like to print Cash receipt detail to DMP printer and other reports to the Laser Printer. How this is possible. Pl. Suggest. Very urgently required.

thanks.
ISchana

If both printers are installed in print manager then you should have to choose which printer you want to print to every time you print!

Kim Leece

Application should have printer choices. Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Firther to ed, if the billing ap is to use x printer in the print setup options of the program point it to x printer and set as default and the same for the other printer.
Remember you will need both printer drivers installed on the pc to run like this.

I would think you would have to choose wich printer to print to when selecting file, print. As opposed to hitting a print icon, wich would go directly to the default printer. I did not know you could set different default printers for different applications, is this true?

BlueAlloy,

Some applications allow manual settings.

Some print directly to the port, and you can specify what driver to use...and others will use the Windows default printer, and if you want to use something else you must change it in the File, Print Menu or wherever it is in your specific app.

Others remember what you last printed to, and if you only print to , for instance, the dot matrix printer from an accounting app...it will continue to default to it.

**It depends on the application...

Sometimes I have to set up the same printer multiple times on one computer, so that I can change the options for what I am printing....and I can choose that one from a certain app so that it will print properly.

Hope I answered your question. :)

Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back