Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a process that prints to PDF. The problem is the clean-up reset the name of the pdf before the print job finnishes. Is there a way to wait until the print job completes or starts to kick off the clean-up. What would I look for ie print status or something along that line.

The basic question is how do I check to see if the print job is complete.

Thanks

Even though you didn't indicate whether you re using FP DOS or FP Windows, it's somewhere between difficult and impossible if you are running a 32-bit OS like Win9x, NT, 2000, XP 2003.

The best way would be to ask the user if it's done. Alternately consider updating to VFP - it has the ability to more easily discover things going on outside the application's direct control.

Rick

Thanks, I was hoping for a different response but expected as much with the outdated product.

Perl
Forum-Financial.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back