Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to network printers on other companies netowrk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2002
US
Hello,

I am having a problem. I have a user that is set up to use my Citrix Server (Metaframe 1.8 on TSE 4.0) and at her company she has an HP Laserjet 8000. She also has a local printer which she has no problem priting too but she cannot print to the network printer. What is the proper way to set this up? Is it just a matter of installing the correct and and same drivers on my TSE? Or is there more involved.

thanks
Seth

Probably it would work fine if your server just had the correct drivers for her printer. If I were you I would try to avoid to install the HP LaserJet 8000 printer drivers on your TSE server. HPs own drivers often have given me problems in NT 4 TSE. Instead I would try to use any of the HP LaserJet 4 drivers that are shipped with NT 4 TSE and map the drivername to her local HP LJ 8000 in wtsuprn.inf.
There might be a risk that she cannot use all the functionality of the 8000 (for example all trays and so on) but at least she can print and your TSE server will stay stable.
Hope this helps

/Hof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back