Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to LPT ports w/linksys print server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElClap

MIS
Sep 5, 2002
US
Anybody know how to get the little one-port Linksys print server to print to an LPT port? Thanks.

Not sure you have posted enough info on this. How about a mdel number and describe exactly what you are trying to do.

Have you installed and run the software?

Sorry. I have installed the software that comes with the Linksys PPSX1 and it maps the printer to a port sx000001 or something like that. It works very well in Windows, but I have someone who wants to print from a DOS program and it needs an LPT port. I was just wondering if there was a way to do this.

When you set up a pinter driver, DOS Printing is by default not selected. Try redoing the printer driver and putting a check in the box allow DOS Printing to this printer. You may have to delete the printer to set this up right on all of the computers.

I don't know if this helps or not. On a Jet Direct device you sometimes had to map the printer port with Novel Netware. I have never really tried a printer server from linksys. Let us know how it works out. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back