Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing to Adobe Acrobat and Winfax Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

absnj

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
I run Smartsuite 9.7 under Windows XP and cannot print to the Acrobat 5.05 or Winfax Pro 10.02 drivers from Approach. Normal printing is no problem. I have tried both spooled and direct printing without success. Any suggestions?

I don't have either but I've heard the PDF Writer normally works OK but Distiller doesn't. I use the Zeon DocuCom Driver 5.x and it works very well. You can download an evaluation copy from
There have been one or two reports of Approach not printing with WinFax Pro 10 and I haven't seen a solution. Have you tried changing the spool format from EMF to RAW or vica versa? Is there an updated driver available from WinFax?

Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

Thanks for the suggestions. I did a complete uninstalla and reinstall of Acrobat reader, including the 5.05 update, and can now print from Wordpro, but still no success with Approach. I've fooled a bit with the different print processors, but have to try some more.

Do you have any experience with Smith Micro's Hotfax message center or other fax programs? I don't need powerful, just some that works with my existing software!

Alan

Sorry, I haven't had a fax modem for a few years now and don't know what works and doesn't. There are web based fax services to which you can send an e-mail with pdf attachment and the pdf gets faxed onwards automatically. Have a look at
Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

I have had similar problems running Approach 9.7 on WinXP mainly because I was using a very old PDF driver from Adobe. I have now a lot of success using a very inexpensive driver (a free evaluation is available) from

Thanks for the PDF tip- it works great with both WorpPro and Approach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back