Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to a shared printer in NT stops after a period of use

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruiseMan

Programmer
Nov 17, 2006
US
I have an unusual situation in which I have a VB6 application that has printed data reports to a shared laser printer in NT 4.0 from a small group of PC's for several years. Now I have one of those PC's that will suddenly stop sending the output to the printer. However, there is no error message and the application does not lock up. The application performs as if the print job succeeded. The other PC's in the group running the same application continue to print fine. The only solution I have found thus far is to re-boot the "problem" PC, at which time it resumes printing normally. It will function normally for several hours and then stop sending output to the printer again. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this and what to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back