Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to a Dot-Matrix (40 Column Printer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzLogic

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
Hello people

I have an Epson DP220 (40 Column Dot Matrix Printer) connected to my LPT1 (I am using XP home edition, which is not good) I installed it as Generic Text Printer, or something like that (I set it as default)

I also have 3 different printers installed on the PC (Network Printers HP5000GN / Xerox Phaser 860N)

From my POS app (I have a clipper version) and I am converting to VFP 6.0 version, From Clipper I can print to the epson very quickly

Set printer on
Set device to print
@ x,y say 'whatever'
.... etc...

But, from VFP, it is not printing,
Any suggestions?
Thankx in advance

Ali Koumaiha -:)

To "flush" the printer buffer try adding:
SET PRINTER OFF
SET PRINTER TO
SET PRINTER TO

Note: The 2nd SET PRINTER TO is often not required, but for certain OS / printer combinations it's all that works. Since the extra one doesn't hurt, I've always left the 2nd one in, just to be sure.

Rick

Hi,

I had similar problem with my Epson 88III thermal printer,
whenever I sent a command to open the cashdrawer, it will cause my printer to print a blank line too. I had check that the dip switch is properly configure.
I am using VFP6 on Window 2000, using Epson printer driver
for window

Please kindly advise.
Thank in advance.

Below is my code

SET PRINTER TO LPT1
SET PRINTER ON
SET DEVICE TO PRINTER
SET CONSOLE OFF

??? chr(27)+chr(112)+chr(0)+chr(5)+chr(5)

SET PRINTER OFF && string for the particular cash
SET PRINTER TO && drawer given by the manufacture
SET CONSOLE ON
SET DEVICE TO SCREEN
RETURN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back