Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing strange symbols and ink blots 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgr430

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a WinXP that is networked to an HP Deskjet 648C. The printer is printing strange symbols and ink blots. I have tried to go onto the HP site and download the latest driver for it but it didn't work. I don't know if I have to do something with the printer port? I am logged in as the administrator and I also logged in as the user but still theres no result? Could anyone offer any advice? Thank you in advance.

Terry

Yes, check your cables... see if they are seated correctly... try another totally good functioning one (or new)... check the printheads for corrosion on the contacts, clean them if necessary with a rubbertipped pencil...

Ben

Thanks Ben,

What I did was delete the printer and then readd it through the add printer wizard. The printer was networked to a couple other printers and I was using the wrong PC. Have a great day.

Terry

Hi,
Try to run the utility that cleans the head of the printer.

TGR430 - glad you got it running... same to you (have a great day)...

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back