Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Status CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerodesliza

Programmer
Apr 10, 2008
DO
How can get all the status from my CS1000M, like:
- Tlan status
- Elan Status
- Loop status
- Super Loop status
- T1 status
- Card unused
- Low QoS
- etc...

Im developing a Monitor software using the CS1000´s serial port, can your get me a list of LD use for display the info before mentionted or can I get all of this throught a Database from CS1000?

- Tlan status:
(CS1000M doesn't use a TLAN)

- Elan Status:
(LD 48 STAT ELAN)

- Loop status:
(LD 32 STAT or STAT l or STAT l s)

- Super Loop status:
(LD 32 STAT or STAT l or STAT l s)

- T1 status:
(LD 60 STAT or STAT l)

- Card unused:
(LD 20 LUVU, TYPE 500 or 2000) This will give you all available TNs on cards.

- Low QoS: (??)

- etc...See below

LD 96 STAT DCH (stats d-channels)
LD 60 SSCK 0, SSCK 1 (stats clocks)
LD 39 STAT RING 0, STAT RING 1 (stats fiber rings)
LD 135 STAT CPU, STAT HEALTH, STAT CNI

War Eagle!!

For QoS status:
LD 117 PRT INTERZONE
or
LD 117 PRT ZBW (Zone #)

ld 32
ldis 4 0

ldis 4 1

for each loop..

way better then stat 4 0, if you stat 4, see that you have 4 disabled, you need to ldis 4 0 to find the units

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If there are no troubles and everything is operational this is a waste of time. PBX will spit out alarms when something is wrong.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

No necessary, for example when I have a T1´s channels lock out I don´t receive any alarm and remember that when I receive a PBX´s alarm is send throught the serial port and I dont going to waste my time watching the PROCOM o Hyperterminal waiting for receive a alarm.

Well, you can take that a few steps further. There is no command you can do from a TTY to prove you have dial tone on trunks. Nor can you determine that a phone is working or not.

So, you can put a lot of time and effort into some fancy monitor application that, eventually, will be beat by an employee who finds the problem before you are alerted.

I still think it's a great idea, but I wouldn't want anyone to think it could always detect the most common problems with a PBX.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

That`s true but I least we can be sure that ours service will be run more perfect if we can detect the problem before all the serivice crash.

There is no way to detect a problem unless there is one already. For instance the PBX will not spit out an alarm unless something goes wrong.

The service will crash...That much you can predict. When is the bigger question. It is kind of like predicting the next big earth quake or volcanic eruption. You know it is going to happen you just don't know when.

The best thing you can do is have monitoring software that will report when an alarm is generated. This way you may be able to correct or be working on the issue when the customer calls. All you can do is best effort.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back