Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneNewbie

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
US
I am trying to figure out how to print reports for our StarTalk Flash box and am running into some issues. On the box itself, there is a parallel port to which I've hooked up an HP printer. I log into the system, F983, hit 7, and try to print report #1. The prompt says printing and then goes back to the Report numbers but nothing prints. Is there something I'm missing? The cable is an IEEE cable (with the funny end that hooks into the printer) and I wanted to double check myself before I lug in one of our regular ol' laserjets. Thanks again for your help!

One thing I found on the printing it that there is no pagefeed at the end of the page. I had a laser printer hooked up and it didn't seem like it was printing, but the page was in the printer memory waiting for me to hit the form feed to kick out the page.

Interesting, I'd like to try to print of a report! I have a Norstar system, how would I go about printing this report you guys speak of?

I have never hooked a printer to it, but have used Hyperterminal thru RS232 port on Laptop and it is pretty cool! You can see all users on system, messages lenghths, etc... The settings if I can remember are 2400 or 4800 baud, you might have to try a few to get it right. The cool thing is after you save, you can then print off your laptop to whatevr you would normally without dedicating a printer for just this feature.

Rich

Vegasnortel

can you give some details on how i might configure Hyperterminal -- never used it b/f

Jim

Goto programs, then communications, there is probably hyperterminal built in. On mine the settings are: Direct to COM1 (my RS232 serial port), emulation= auto detect, 1200 baud 8-N-1.

The baud is really important or it will spit out "garbage" to your screen. Anyhow, it is pretty cool. Play around with it and tell me what you think!

Rich

the port in the Flash box is not a parallel port but a serial port that's means you have to connect a serial printer like epson lX 300 or simular and you must to configure it before ( baud, bits, partity..)

Can you also set up hyperterminal for a star talk mini.Once you are hooked up are there certain keys you have to go to_Or is there something you have to type in.

Never used a mini before. I assume if there is a serial port output on the mini that the same reporting capabilities would be available.

VegasNortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back