Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing / Report problem with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWB2008

Technical User
Apr 29, 2008
US
I'm grateful that Windows 7 seems to work better with my Paradox 10 Runtime database than Vista did. That said - about 1 in 10 users with Vista get a GPF when they open a report for printing. This actually happens before they ever have a chance to click on the print button on the Windows Printer Dialog box. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem and I have no computer with Vista (just Windows 7 and XP). So I'm trying to diagnosis this over email.

I know XP sometimes had problems with installed but unattached printer. This user has one printer, plus Adobe PDF and the MS Image Writer. Default is the printer.

Any thoughts?

1) could be a corupt font for the printer.
2) you could set the paradox 10 runtime to compatibility mode for xp and see if that helps.

I wonder if compatibility mode would resolve the constant error message on shut down in Vista. It may be time to go to W7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back