Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

tforr

Programmer
Aug 14, 2003
GB
Hi I have a remote connection to another office's server via a VPN connection. Is there anyway I can print to my printer from the servier which is located at the other office. I don't personally think this is possible.

Thanks and kind regards,

Thomas.

RD client version?
OS version?

There should not be a good reason not to direct printer jobs between the local and remote site. Start by using the remote connection applet Options menu to choose local devices that will be redirected.

Hi Bcastner,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm new to this so I dont really understand the end of your thread. I am using terminal services connecting to a windows 2000 server from my windows XP machine.

Hope this helps. I run to run a program on this server and then print from it to my machine at my office. All I can see the printers at the other site where the y2k server is.

Thanks and kind regards,

Thomas

Hi Bcastner,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm new to this so I dont really understand the end of your thread. I am using terminal services connecting to a windows 2000 server from my windows XP machine.

Hope this helps. I run to run a program on this server and then print from it to my machine at my office. All I can see the printers at the other site where the y2k server is.

Thanks and kind regards,

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back