Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing records on separate pages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2002
US
...I feel that I am missing something easy, but I have searched here and in a manual with no success.

I want to print timesheets. We are using an electronic timekeeper and it currently prints out all the timesheets in one group. The result is that one employee's timesheet might overlap onto another's page.

So I want to create my own timesheet using Crystal so they will come out individually. I need each employee's sheet to be unique to that employee. That way we can have an auditable document. I am guessing that it has something to do with the grouping, but my blind, flailing attempts have yet to result in a succesful document.

Thanks!

Hi,

If you are grouped by Employee - put your pointer into the left hand margin (gray area) in the Group footer of that group and right click - select Section Expert.

When the Section Expert Dialog box appears - tick the box that says "New Page After".

Each timesheet will now print on a separate page.

Cheers,
paulmarr

Thanks Paul,

I haven't been able to get back to this and try it, but I will next week.

David

hi paul,
I was also looking forthe similar thing but when i select new page page after box in the selection expert it give i extra page in the last.So if we have ten customer then it shows 11 pages instead of 10 anf the last page oly include the name of the field.
may be "ONEBIGSCOT" find his question useful as he will be having the same problem. So i thought to ask the question here itself so that we both get benifited

cheers
Abhishek

Click the X-2 button to the right of "new page after" and enter a simple formula:

Not OnLastRecord

This will not give the new page after at theen of the rport and keep it to 10 pages in your example.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Shouldn't "Not OnLastRecord" be the default behavior of New Page After?

Is the vendor in the house?

Thanks for the help, it works fine. However I did not insert the not onlast page formula, and now I cannot get back into it as it seems to be locked.

But at least I have the rest of it...

Thank You!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back