Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

marct

Programmer
Apr 6, 1999
US
Hi,<br><br>I have an app in which I am using the PrintForm method (I know it's primitive, but it's quick and they literally want a copy of what they see).&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a button on the form which pops up another form that gives the user printing options.&nbsp;&nbsp;One of the options is printing the first form.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I select that during testing using the IDE, it prints just fine, but after packaging & deploying and installing on their computer, I get error 486 -- &quot;Can't print form image to this type of printer&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;So, from what I can tell, VB thinks that the printer is not graphics capable.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have tried this with two different printers: an Okipage 10e Laser printer & a HP 890C deskjet.&nbsp;&nbsp;Both of these will work from the IDE but not on the installed program.<br><br>Can anyone help me with this?&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks in advance for any help.<br><br>-Marc

I think it may have something to do with the fact that the IDE has already identified the existing printer and prints to that by default, maybe you need to do something similar with the compiled version, have it detect existing printers. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back