Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Problems with Windows XP & Runtime 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWB2005

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
US
I'm encountering users of my database (single user, no networks involved) that are having problems printing with Windows XP. The database is in Paradox Runtime 10. I don't have a computer with XP on it, but have not had problems with Windows 2000 or Windows ME or Windows 98 or Windows NT. One user solved the problem by removing all the startup items in Windows. This seems like a high price to pay! Another user went back to the previous version of the database which used Runtime 7. Apparently it prints okay under Windows XP (after changing the compatibility mode of course)!

By any chance, does Runtime 11 fix this? I have Paradox 11 and Runtime 11, but there didn't seem to be any reason to make the change. The main reason I had for moving from Paradox 7 to Paradox 10 was to get away from having to tell people how to set the compatibility mode (most users are not very computer literate).

There seem to have been a number of problems with XP and printing, but I can't seem to find what the source and/or fixes are for these problems.

Can someone help?

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back