Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problems using RPRINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

antranik

Technical User
Apr 7, 2000
CA
Server: NetWare 3.2 with all the latest patches.<br><br>I have a HP LJ attached to a remote computer running nprinter with a WIN98 OS. When I print from any Windows 95/98 application (from any workstation) it prints without any problems. But as soon as I use a DOS application (WP 5.1, from any workstation) it gives me a little symbol on top of the page. When I print directly from the PC it is attached to (without going through the server) using WP 5.1 it prints fine. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Just a guess but DOS applications do not know how to share print files.&nbsp;&nbsp;DOS applications must be configured with thier own seperate print drivers independent of the Windows Print Drivers. Sounds like you do not have the correct print drivers loaded on the computer running the DOS application.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>It also sound like you have the Windows print spooler turned on. You may want to turn the windows spooler off and select print directly to the printer.&nbsp;&nbsp;Remember, Novel print files are already spooled.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you have the windows spooler on you get the Windows command codes for the print default driver embeded in the windows spooled file before you sent it to Novel.&nbsp;&nbsp;The symbol that is printed is DOSs' interperation of a windows print command code that it has no idea what it means.<br> <p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back