Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Problems Due To Collisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2001
CA
We recently migrated to an ethernet network from token ring. After the migration, some users experienced the following intermittent problem when printing:

the printed document has missing letters (if a p is missing in one word, it is missing in the entire document), letters that should be lower case are printed in upper case (again always the same letter in the document), or extra text (gibberish) added for an entire word that is missing (only once per document).

The document on the monitor shows no such errors and printing it a second time will not reproduce the error. It prints properly. Printing multiple copies will sometimes produce one bad copy with the rest being fine.

I have so far had only one case when this problem did not involve printing the document. A user attached a document to an email and sent it to a client. The document the client received had all the lower case letter b missing, yet our copy was fine.

Could this be due to corrupt packets or collisions? If not, anybody have any other ideas about what might cause this?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Scott

Hmmmm... I know I experienced that problem somehow but as u said I know its intermittent... I would try installing NETBUI protocol cause i read somewhere it facilitates printing over network..

just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back