Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transworld

Technical User
Jun 23, 2001
SG
Hi Guys,

Recently i just reinstalled my OS and software. When i tried to print photographs onto the photopaper using XP Windows picture & fax viewer, the photograph becomes much darker than what i see on my LCD. Previously all my photo printouts were very accurate and no such problem occured. Btw both my Black & Colour ink are newly installed, printer is Epson 880. Thanks.

That's a tricky question. To ensure that wysiwyg, you need to use some calibration software that will calibrate your screen and printer to match correctly. Even then, LCD screens are not as accurate or flexible in adjustments as a CRT.

Other than make sure that the Epson Colour profile has been correctly installed (Right-click on your printer in Printer & Faxes dialog and check under the Colour Mangament tab) and you have calibrated your printer (alignement and checked the head patterns), the only solution is to get a calibration utility.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back