Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Problem -- Published as Landscape but prints as Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamkz

Programmer
Aug 29, 2007
Hello all,

I have a report that was created and published as a Landscape report. However when I go to print it from the Crystal Report ActiveX Viewer it wants to print it as Portrait. This problem seems to be intermittant. Sometimes and from some computers it will print correctly. Most of the time it wont. I went onto the Business Objects XI Enterprise Server and changed the Print Setup for the report to Custom Settings | Landscape | Letter, but it didn't help. Also, when it does print incorrectly I get this message:

Crystal Report Viewer

The report you are about to print is a pre-formatted image of the actual report data. Changing orientation or paper size may result in loss of objects on each printed page. Do you wish to continue?

Any ideas?

Do you have multiple servers in your BOE-XI cluster?

Which services run on which boxes?

What happens if your SCHEDULE the report to RPT and PDF format rather that doing View-On-Demand?

Hi HJRBIM,

Only have 1 BOE-XI server. This server also runs SQL SERVER 2000 and our Main APP which uses utilizes both SQL SERVER and BOE-XI. If you schedule to RPT or PDF it seems to work fine. I think the problem is some how with the ActiveX report viewer on the clients machine. Is that possible?

Williamkz

Can you get them to try a different viewer - like DHTML - to see if the issue is Viewer/Client specific..?

Tried both Java and ActiveX viewers. Same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back