Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Problem.....Pagemaker 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

apcjfv

MIS
Nov 3, 2002
US
Here is a good one.
Pagemaker 7.0 with patch installed on 2 machines. XP Home on one and 2000NT on the other.
Our output sources are:
QMS 2060
Textronic 780P
AFGA 9836 Imagesetter

When we send jobs to any of these printers each act like the are processing and then they go back to idel. If we print from other programs (ie: illustrator, photshop, publisher) all the printiers printers print fine. We are forced to export files to PDF Distiller, open in Acrobat and print from there.

I have all the ppd files installed in the ppd folder in PM7.

I am completely baffled. HELP.

Joe
apcjfv@aol.com

Do you select the correct PPD every time you print to the corresponding printer?

In other words, when you select the printer to print to it, a second pull-down menu below the "Printers" pull-down menu should appear, and you should select the correct PPD. Are you doing this?

If you are, then play with the options and features that you can select with the correct PPD. "Ignore non-printing setting" should probably not be set. Under Options, make sure you're not writing to a postscript file, and that the image and font settings are what you want (I use optimized subsampling, ASCII image data, and download PS and TT fonts.

Everything under Features should probably remain as "printer's default"; but if problems persist, then maybe one of the "printer's defaults" isn't what you expected; so maybe you should check what the printer's defaults are, or set each setting explicitly.

Just a few ideas.

Christopher

Don't use 'optimised subsampling' for the TIFs - although this is the default, it compresses the TIFs and therefore they do not print as well as they can be. Switch that box to 'normal'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back