Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problem in Word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedder

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
We have several people that print to an HP4050 printer. They indicate that when they use Full Justification in a document they often get words with gaps (i.e. the word appear might look like this: a ppear).

They use Word 2002 as their word processor. The same document printed on a Canon deskjet printer prints fine. It is just the HP4050 with Full Justification that presents the problem. Full Justification on other printers seems to be fine.

Can anyone help?

I've been experiencing the same problem and here's what fixed it for us:

Start/Seetings/Printers/Properties/Printing Preferences/Advanced/ - under "Graphic"

change "True Type Font - Substitute with Device Font"
to
"True Type Font - Download as Softfont"

HTH

Joanne

I had the same problem. Word XP and Windows XP with the HP 4000 Drives available in Windows XP. Both 4000 drivers available with Widows XP have different issues. The PCL 6 driver would not allow us to print to tray 3 (additional tray). The plain pcl driver caused the spacing problem you described when full justification is on. Try going to HP's website and downloading their pcl 5e driver for the 4000 series printer. It will resolved all the above mentioned issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back