Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Pop up window in Acrobat 6.0 Prof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady66

MIS
Jun 10, 2004
US
Adding a note to a PDF document, but when I try to print, all I get is the Icon for the note....looking to print the pop-up window open with the document.

I have been playing around and can only get a split image with the doc. on one side and the note on the other side

Any Ideas

Thanks

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

That's how it works. Sorry, but the "Print with Comments" command behaves exactly as you explained.

If you want to it match the appearance on screen (with a semi-transparent note window) your only option is a screenshot.

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Thanks, I was afraid of that.... we were tring to add notes on to our PDF invoices.

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

You can add hyperlinks, which when clicked can navigate to a webapp that could peform queries based on invoice number, etc.

I designed an app for a rural telephone company. As the Mainframe produced invoices, my code processed the postscript, adding hyperlinks to each line item.

When customers called the helpdesk to dispute calls, etc, the representative would pull up the PDF of their statement.

Each line item was a hyperlink to my application, which processed the query string, connected to the database, and performed queries. The app would pop up windows with detailed customer information, history, and the details of the clicked line item.

There are lots of things you can do, don't let a dead-end get in your way.

Thomas D. Greer

Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back