Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing PictureBox graphics to multiple pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggie

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
AU
I have a project which draws graphics (such as circles) to a picturebox control. This works fine. The width of the picturebox control is set to 15,840 twips which should be 11 inches which is wider and longer than the A4 pages I'm trying to print to. I want to print the picturebox contents over several A4 pages so that the A4 pages can be pasted together i.e. I don't want to shrink the picture box contents to print all to one page.

I have the PictureBox AutoRedraw set to True and I have its ScaleMode set to 1 - twip. I am trying to use this code:

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
Printer.PaintPicture Picture1.Image, 0, 0, 15840, 15840
Printer.EndDoc
End Sub

This prints me only one A4 page, which is only part of the picturebox content.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hmmmm... Lets figure this out...

8 inches * 1440 twips per inch = 11520
11 inches * 1440 twips per inch = 15840

So it seems that the height will work (depends upon margins) but you need to send two print jobs to the printer to have your graphic print on two pages. One ending at 11520 and the next starting at 11521 and ending at 15840.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back