Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing PDF's Result in a blank page first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvdeep

Technical User
Apr 25, 2012
CA
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I recently installed a printer for a client. Users are complaining that when they go to print an invoice (pdf format) they get a blank page first then the actual document prints. There is no user interaction the printer just automatically does this.

Does anyone know if this is a setting in adobe? Has anyone come across this before?

What kind of printer ? Impact, Laser, Inkjet?
sheet fed or tractor fed?
What kind of printer were they using before this one, printing these same invoices, or is this a new installation ?

Fred Wagner

It is an HP LaserJet P3015. It is sheed fed. I'm not sure what kind of printer they were using prior. These are the same invoices. Something tells me its not the printer itself but rather some sort of setting in Adobe. They are printing PDF's.

It is more likely a setting in the Printer Driver on the PC doing the printing. If they're printing out of Adobe, you can check the settings in the Properties and Advanced buttons on the Print dialog.
If this printer is shared, like on a network, or even peer-to-peer, there could be an option to 'Print a Separator Page' between jobs. Keep an eye out for that also.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back