Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing PDF documents with a 'watermark' from access

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfenwick

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
GB
Hi

I would like to create a simple database that can store links to scanned copies of a document (in PDF format).

I would like the users to select the document from a database form and then it can be printed but with a 'watermark' that contains one of the database fields (batch number).

I'm OK with all of the rest of the coding, but how can I make a print of the document with some text superimposed on top?

Thanks

Wrong tool. You need PDF Writer. Only other thing I can think of is to embed the pdf in a report and try adding a text box to the Access report somewhere.

Cogito eggo sum – I think, therefore I am a waffle.

A scanned PDF would not work directly, but if you could create an actual PDF form, an add-in like this: would then let you manipulate the document.

Genomon's suggestion would be easier though. Build your form however you like, then print it to PDF using a PDF printer driver. Scan your existing document as an image and use it as a background.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back