Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing page 10 and 11 from a report thas has 100 pages 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

macorp

Programmer
Mar 11, 2004
SV
How can I print only page 10 and 11 from a report thas has 100 pages??

macorp,

The poor man's way is to issue the PROMPT command and then you can specify the page range in the print dialog box:

Code:
REPORT FORM MyRepo TO PRINTER PROMPT

If you need more sophistication then that will take some extra thought. Maybe someone else has pulled something like this off.

Andy

Look at the RANGE parameter of the REPORT command in the help file.

boyd.gif

[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

A little bit difficult...

How can I print only page 10 and 11 from a report thas has 100 pages automatically, WITHOUT USING PRINTER PROMPT?

fabiano

fabiano

How can I print only page 10 and 11 from a report thas has 100 pages automatically, WITHOUT USING PRINTER PROMPT?

May I ask why you cannot use the prompt? This a Windows standard way of doing things in all other software

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Great Chris!

following there is the ultimate question.

this is my scene: I have to print a lot of page as a batch job and for any accident something don't work correctly and the job stop abnormally! how can I determine how many pages have been printed correctly before the job crashed? (for example storing a field in a table that increments itself every page)

fabiano

How can I print page 10 and 11 in a 100 page report in preview mode???

Fabmoda,

Good Question, and it deserves it's own thread since it's not related to printing a range of pages.

boyd.gif

[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back