Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing only data from forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoot

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
Is there a way to print only the data in forms? I have a tabbed form and it prints the layout of the form - colors, command buttons and all. It also only prints the one tab when I print the current record and not the other tabs where I have additional information about the record. The datasheet view of the form allows me to print one record, but it spans 12 pages! I'd like to have the data in the form to print out like a detail report. I have certain controls that I've added to the form that are not in the table, otherwise I would have created a report from the table I based my form on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. MUCH THANKS!

Hi Smoot,

I really don't follow you. What do you mean by print only the data in the forms?

Regarding: I have certain controls that I've added to the form that are not in the table, otherwise I would have created a report from the table I based my form on.

You can print the data in a control on a form even if the data isn't in the table. All you have to do is refer to the control with Forms!formname!controlname.Value

This will work as long as the form is open when you open the report. dz
dzaccess@yahoo.com

Sounds to me like you have to use a report, then add the controls that are not in the table, and use the method described by dz to refer to them on the form. This will print the data you want without having to print 12 pages (unless there is enough data to fill 12 pages - in which case you're stuck with it). Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back