Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing on SCO UNIX 5.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy6

Technical User
Jun 24, 2012
US
I am using a xerox printer that supports PCL 5 and Postscript printing. I have been able to print text files to the printer when it is setup using the postscript setting. I am not able to print PDF files to the printer. I am looking for a filter that would convert PDF to postscript or PCL so that printer will print properly. I have tried ghost script but have errors when attempting to use ghostscript. I am not using CUPS but using RLP which works very well. Any suggestions on what to use to achieve this request?

Thanks

Ziggy

Silly as it might sound, try, using ghostscript, running pdf2ps, then ps2pdf, then pdf2ps again. Since ghostscript tends to run with errors, the offending code might just get deleted.
There are now many programs that create pdf files, but not all of them follow all the Adobe rules.

All right programmers out there. I am looking for a solution to this printing issue on SCO Unix 5.0.7. I am trying to print pdf files to a xerox phaser 3250 printer that supports Post Script, PCL 5 and 6 and Epson emulation. I have loaded Ghostscript on my unix box and it is a very unfriendly interface but that might work but I have not figured it out. I am now willing to pay someone to help me or provide a solution that works. If you are interested contact me at dzwick2097@gmail.com I guess I should add to this saying that I can print text to the printer without any issues and embedded controls in the text file to go to narrow paper and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back