Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing on Deskjet 1220C

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoodman00

Programmer
Jan 23, 2001
We have an Access XP application. Part of this consists of data-entry forms. These data-entry forms have images within them (linked). The forms are also multi-colored. Most of the forms & reports have colored labels (i.e. colored background with black text). Form or report controls also have colored borders.

These forms or reports are then printed.

All users can print on our Laserjet printer (Obviously, images etc are greyscaled). However, if one user tries to print one of these forms (or a report) on the deskjet printer, the images are not printed.
Colored borders print perfectly. However, colored backgrounds do not, along with the images. This only affects one user.

I have examined the event logs, & if a normal user attempts to print a form, on average 1MB of data is sent to the printer. If the problem user attempts to print, only 75KB is sent to the printer (i.e. just the text).

I have tried the usual procedures, restarting, reinstalling, etc. All to no avail.

Has anybody heard of this before? James Goodman

Not sure if it's related but I had tons of trouble trying to network the deskjet 1220c in xp.

Workaround for us was to use an older deskjet after trying different drivers etc could not figure it out 1220... Jeff

go to hp website just download nt driver
toolbox will work on some computers
in win2000pro the software dose not work right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back