Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing multiple reports programmatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonMcIntire

Technical User
Oct 12, 2002
US
All:

SITUATION
I wish to print three level I reports each containing a number of level II reports, some of which have columns, headers and footers. Each level II report, in turn, contains one or more level III subreports.

OPTIONS
So far, I have three options:

1. I can individuaally print each level II report manually but it requires attention to detail and it's tedious and time consuming.

2. I can write a macro that prints all the level II reports automatically through openreport actions but both of these operations create individual reports that require printing manually (to a .pdf).

3. I can create level I reports containing all the required level II reports but the columns require column definitions in the page setup option from the File Menu for the overal report and the headers and footers don't carry over form the level II reports.

QUESTION
Is there a way to programmatically print all the level II reports as one large level I report thereby making one all-inclusive report that preserves the column, headers and footers and saved as a .pdf?

If so, how?

Thanks,

Ron

I am not using Access 2007 yet so I can't really print to PDF but from the sounds of it no, you can not. There may be an advanced coding technique to make it work but I would avoid it.

However, there is a free open source program called PDF Creater that is a print to PDF printer. It is a little cumbersome but you can set it to queue your print jobs and then in the interface combine them after it is all done. It is still somewhat manual, but it does allow you to use a macro or code to batch print them. There are many threads in the access forums about programatically setting the printer if needed.

I hope this works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back