Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing month's as a column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
US
I am working with 8.5 and an access database. I am fairly new at Crystal, but getting better.

I need to write a report with a column of just the names of the months. the data will be counts of a date field for 3 years. Each year will be a column. needs to look like this:

2002 2003 2004
Month YTD Month YTD Month YTD
January 12 12 15 15 10 10
February 10 22 8 23 9 19
March 9 31 10 33 11 30

And so On thru December.

What is the easiest way to do the names of the month? I think I have the counts but can't get them to look like this report, in the proper columns.
Any suggestions would help?

Thanks in Advance.

When you insert a group on {table.date}, you will choose "print for each month". Then just right click on the group name->format field->date->customize->Month: March->Day: None->Year: None.

For the "Month" columns, use formulas like:

if year({table.date}) = 2002 then 1 else 0

Right click on each formula and insert a summary (SUM, not count).

For each YTD columns, create a running total using the running total expert. Choose {table.date}, count, evaluate using a formula:

year({table.date}) = 2002//change to 2003 or 2004 for other columns

Reset never. Place this in the group (month) footer, next to the inserted summary, and then suppress the details.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back