Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Memeo fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajarama

Programmer
Dec 15, 2000
IN
Dear ,

i have a data data base with two memo fields . I have to print a report with hand code as there are a number of validations and conditions. Please guide how to print two memo fields simultaneouly in the same page. In cas ethe memo contents exceed tthe page, the next page should have the titles again.

The foxpro report form generator is limited. You can only print about 3 pages of information from one record. Keep this in mind when you design your report.
In the report form memo field placement properties there are two things you have to check. One is you have to tell the field to float and the other is expand.

The other problem is the header band. Again there is a property you must select that tells the field titles to print at the top of each page. Again with two memo fields rolling over from page to page sometimes causes this not to work. My trick there is to move the field titles to a header block or group block and tell the report to print the header at the top of each page.

I have designed reports with more then one memo field and some work correctly and some do not. What makes one work and the other not is unknown.

What I have done to solve both of these problems is to run a Query/SQL/copy command to collect all the records and all information from all tables that need to be printed and combine all the data from the different memo fields into one memo field into a Temp database. I then open the query/cursor/temp table and print from that. The report from is much easier to design that way.

Hope this helps you. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back