Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing long documents with PrintDocument

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyyo

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
AT
Hi all!

I'm using the PrintDocument class for a printout in my application. In the OnPrintPage event handler, I populate the graphics object using the DrawImage() and DrawString() methods.
The document can have up to 140 pages and is printed from the local workstation (a Windows 2000 machine) on a HP P2015 with 32 MB of memory, double sided. In the printer settings, I chose to use the spooler and "start printing immediately" (not "direct printing").

Today, when printing the 140 pages, the printer stopped with the error "out of memory".

The question is now if the PrintDocument class is even suited for such long documents?
I'm not sure if the PrintDocument always uses the spooler, or if I should use another class to print long documents? Or is it "normal" that 32 MB printer memory are not enough today?

Has anyone got any experience printing long documents?

Any answer is very much appreciated!
Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back