Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing items in Reports 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

draganp

Programmer
May 29, 2000
CA
Hi,<br>I have to setup some user parameters when<br>my report print certain row first time.<br>I cannot use format trigger for that. Is <br>anybody have an idea how to solve this ?<br><br>Thanks

What do you mean &quot;setting user parameters&quot;? These parameters are loaded in parameter form or, if you are calling the .RDF from Forms with Run_product, are transmited via paramlist. If try to say that you want to change values of formula columns or placeholder columns, there are formula triggers of formula columns, so for each loop of repeating frame you get this formula trigger been called and every line of PL/SQL code been parsed. <p>Eduard Stoleru<br><a href=mailto:e_stoleru@yahoo.com>e_stoleru@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

1. Dragan, please use this form. If you can't, you may continue to use e-mail.<br>2. For changing an user parameter that's no hope. In my reports, I use an formula column which stores the user parameter and a placeholder column to store a boolean variable (used to check the first row retrieved). So, figure these columns: CF_set_param (formula column, having the same type as the parameter you want to change), CP_first (placeholder column having character type, initial value='N') and this PL/SQL code for CF_set_param:<br><b><br>IF :CP_first='N' THEN<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;:CP_first:= 'Y';<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;RETURN (&lt;param&gt;);<br>ELSE<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;RETURN (&lt;new_param&gt;);<br>END IF;</b><br>So, in all your calculation (in CF_set_param group) you can rely on CF_set_param value.<br><br>Good luck! <p>Eduard Stoleru<br><a href=mailto:e_stoleru@yahoo.com>e_stoleru@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi Eduard,<br><br>Yes, It work. It work perfectly. I taught that I can change the values of the user parameters the same way as in forms, but it doesn't work that way. Thank you again, and if I can help you with something, please let me know.<br><br>Dragan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back