Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing issue with BOXI report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
This has happened on more than one occasion and I cannot figure out why it is happening. We create our invoices using Crystal Reports XI. We run invoices every day from Business Objects XI InfoView. When we run the invoices we then print them to a printer with letterhead inserted that we purchase from a vendor. For some reason, out of the blue, the invoices print higher than they should and the printing runs into the printing on the letterhead. Today this happened so all I did was go into a batch that printed fine yesterday and just did a reschedule and the invoices printed out fine. I have not changed anything about this invoice printing report for months. There are no parameters for the user to enter so she pretty much does a schedule, schedule from InfoView so there are no specific inputs that she is doing that could affect the orientation of the invoices. They print to the default Crystal Report format.
Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this? The issue is not with the letterhead (that is what I presumed) as it is consistent. This one is a puzzle...

Any help?
Bessebo

Can you reproduce this onto normal paper; or into pdf ?

I don't have any specific idea, but this is probably where I would go next. I'm curious if your rescheduled print job isn't "good" it just happens to run better when you run it.

Any recent driver changes, server upgrades, firmware, or service packs installed on the printer or print server?

Another thing to look at; is the font in the crystal report native to the printer, or does it have to map it to another font? And, of course, did the font change recently in the printer?

Sorry for the scattergun approach, but I'm dredging here.

The next time this happens we will try to run it to pdf format and see what happens. When this happens, and I run it to normal paper, it still prints in the wrong spot. It has nothing to do with the letterhead paper. It is actually printing this way.

The strange thing is that it will happen one time and then it tends to go away. The lady ran invoices yesterday and she did not do a Reschedule and it ran perfectly. It is a puzzle.

Thanks...

Something to do with the 31st of the month?
Are other dates affected?

'J

That's a novel suggestion but I will definitely keep an eye on that one. Thanks for the suggestion...

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back