Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMiller

Programmer
Sep 12, 2003
US
I am using Infomaker version 6.5. I know this forum is for Crystal, but they are VERY similar and I have experienced similar printing inconsistencies with Infomaker as I used to with Crystal (preview looking one way, but actually being sent to the printer differently), so I though somebody may be able to help me out with this problem:

I am using newspaper columns within a nested report to return the courses a student is enrolled in. When I preview both the nested report and the parent report, the data returns as expected. However, when I send the report to the printer the first row in the first newspaper column is overwritten with the first row in the second newspaper column, making it illegible. The data for the first row in column 2 then prints fine where it is supposed to. No other rows of data are affected.

When a student's courseload only requires one column to list in its entirety, it previews and prints fine. I have tried altering the width of the newspaper columns, the width and height of the column of data being returned, the widtch of the report. Any suggestions as to how I can solve this problem?

Crystal 8.5 is sometimes different on the printer from what you see on the screen, and can also be different on two different printers. It's a known problem with no real solution, except trial-and-error.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back