Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing in Word 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordberg

MIS
Sep 26, 2001
US
When printing to a HP Laserjet 5SI printer connected through the network the text is overlapped at some places or too spaced in others. The documents print Ok on other network printers. The print driver has been replaced as well as Word re-installed.

You may need to install an older printer driver. Although we have never had a problem with Word, we do have several applications that require lower-level drivers to print properly.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The same driver is installed on other machines which are working correctly.

How does it look in Print Preview?

Try installing a Generic/Text-only printer locally and set it as the default (it needn't be present, just install it). Then view it in Print Preview (bases output on default drivers installed). If it looks OK then you know your printer drivers may be corrupt.

You may also want to look at the printer itself. I have repaired printers with worn rollers that will give the exact problems you mentioned. You might want to have a service guy come out and take a look, fuser gear teeth may have sheared, toner cartridge teeth sheared, etc... Hope ya get it fixed

Dave Burger
thats HARDWARE TECH
I dont have to know how to USE word, I just have to know how to FIX it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back