Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing in terminal session

Status
Not open for further replies.

andnelso

MIS
Sep 24, 2001
US
I have come to find that my company's accounting software is not supported in windows 2000 without being run through a terminal session. I have had experience with citrix in a terminal server environment and printing, but it auto creates the local printer and prints to that. How is printing set up in 200 w/o Citrix and how well does it
work?

Thanks in advance

Works well as long as you are doing the following.

1. Running Win2000 on client machines or XP.
2. Runnig Win98 means having the user logon to the terminal service and then you logging on and loaded the print driver and point it to their session / printer port. Again, once you get that working if you load SP3, your connections will no longer work.
3. Don't load SP3.

Dev

Forgot to add to number 2 that once you have their printer hooked up and can print a test page to have your user log off first before you do since the TS will keep the settings of the last person / user to log off.

Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back