Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing in publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumanic

Instructor
Jan 7, 2005
GB
Having achieved the curvy shape I needed (see other thread), I now have a problem with printing the page!

In order to create the perfect shape, I have used a white filled rectangle to cover up some unwanted red bits of the shape which are right on the very edge of the page. When I print preview, the edge of the page (roughly 5mm in from right margin) appears white and plain as it should. When I print, I get a very thin line of red appearing in that border.

Anyone know why? and anyone know how I can get rid of it!!?

Cheers Nicky [wink]

OK - found out you can manipulate your printable borders by going into Wordpad and change them there - apparently this is supposed to alter all office based docs...didn't work!

Have also found a setting in print settings called 'allow bleed' etc Have toggled with these settings and has made no difference. Can only assume it is something to do with my printer settings (it's a posh printer but obviously cannot copr printing to the edge!)

Any further ideas would be much appreciated! [sad]

Have overcome this taking the white rectangle 'mask' off and leavinf the jumble of red shapes hanging over the page and then when I print, the plain border appears without the thin red line. So, prints OK but looks cack on the desktop...I'm sure there is a right and proper way to do this...if anyone knows, please post it here!!

Happy Fridays! [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back