Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing in a fortran MPI/OpenMP environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahid9

Technical User
Jul 28, 2016
CA
This is likely a very simple question. I am running a fortran code compiled in hybrid openmp/openmpi. The code runs on 2 nodes (128 processors) with 32 MPI processes and 4 threads/MPI process. I am attempting to verify that a variable involved in the calculations on all the MPI processes and threads has the same value. So I would like to print this variable with the thread # for all the 32 MPI processes. Would a simple print statement do the job or would such a print statement only print the information on the master node and not both nodes?

Thank you,
Vahid

Hi Vahid9,
It's very unlikely that anyone here uses an environment similar to yours. I would suggest that you try it first and if you don't succeed then you ask us about the possible causes and solutions.

If I do not know the printout is of the master node or both nodes, I am not sure how to define success here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back