Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRINTING GROUP HEADER IN COLUMNS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene150

Technical User
Sep 5, 2017
US
CRYSTAL REPORTS 2016
I have pulled all information into the details and have grouped based on their respective ID.
My problem is that the printout is way longer than the sheet & I wish to break printing into 2 columns on each page.
I realize that I can make columns in the details (now suppressed) but I need to make columns using the "Group Header #1".
Is there a way to print columns based on "Group Header #1"? I can find no way to make the group header print in columns.

I would do this by using a command, you can then do grouping in SQL.
This then effectively makes your groups details and you can use the format multiple columns.

If you take SQL from your current report you can then modify to group as required and then paste this into a command object on a new report.

Ian

You can do this by going into the section expert->details->check "Format with Multiple Columns" and then open the layout tab and also check "Format groups with multiple columns". You need to set the width of the columns and the gap to force the columns. Try setting the width to 3 in and the gap to 1 so you can see how it works.

You probably want to use the group expert->options to set the group header to repeat on each page.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back