Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Green!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcole

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
Hi all -
I am in Quark 5, and trying to print a document off on my color laser printer. Everytime I print something directly from Quark, the document prints with a green hue over all of the images I have placed. It is not extremely noticeable, but when I print the pictures directly out of photoshop (which I edited the images in), then color comes out just fine. With that deduction, I have ruled out the printer as the source of the problem. Also, when I ship these images off to go to a professional printer, the color also comes out just fine.

I know Quark 6 has a high res preview that you can print from, which I am not sure would solve the problem anyway. Not an option for me, so can't do that. Saving the page as an EPS and bringing back into photoshop or illustrator also will not work because there is line art on the page that does not save well via Quark. SO, my question is if anyone else experiences this, and what I might be able to do eliminate the green tone of the document. I don't know if there are color settings I need to mess with or what, but it is really annoying. Please help!!
Thanks all!

Sometimes when you print from Quark the output comes out as RGB Composite, in the print menu see if you can change this to CMYK Composite in the section marked Output. This worked in Quark 4 it might work in 5.

Check for any colour management options in Quark.

Check you are using the correct printer driver (PPD) in Quark.

Are your images CMYK?
Perhaps your printshop has been converting them to CMYK for you?

- Web design and ranting
- Day of Defeat gaming community
"I'm making time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back