Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Garbage Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandapanda

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
Hello,
I am using CR9 Advanced Edition, using Arial TT font and I have a printing issue when printing to a network printer; it prints a image file fine, the table borders fine, but the font is coming out as garbage values, i.e.,
Date = '$7(
Kind = .,1'
any suggestions?
Thanks
Sonny

by the way, when i print to a HP business inkjet 2600 (also hooked up to the network), it comes out beautiful!
the printer that's giving problems is a xerox document center 440st

Where are you printing the report from? We had a problem similar to yours, but it only happened when printing from the ActiveX web viewer for some unknown reason.

We have HP printers and our hardware guys found that using PCL instead of PostScript fixed the problem.

if i understand your question correctly, i am printing straight from the crystal environment... what is PCL and how do i make that change?
sorry if the questions seem too redundant...
sonny

PCL stands for Printer Control Language. In Windows, go to Start | Settings | Printers, then right-click & choose Properties on the printer you're having problems with. This is where things may get different depending on the printer, but try the Advanced tab and look at the driver. If the printer's using a PostScript driver, see there's a different driver available for your printer. I'm not familiar with the Xerox printer you mentioned so the options may be different than I have with our HP printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back