Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex2K

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
I am using Microsoft Word 2000 and have been experiencing printing issues. When I try to print a document in Word, it takes 1/2 hour to print. Could anyone please point me in the right direction on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

How large is the document you are trying to print to? Is this a local printer connected to your computer or is it a networked printer? Do you know how much printer memory it has? -Brad
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

-Best cartoon of all time :-D 'Spongebob Squarepants' [cook]

I am having difficulty printing a one paged document from Word. My computer is connected to a networked printer and I am unsure of how much printer memory is available. My computer is the only one experiencing problems with printing a Word document. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

can you get to shares on the same print server? maybe it's the network connection between you and the server.

If that's not the probl. deleted and reinstall the printer on your computer (also known as the print icon).

good luck!

If micky's suggestion does not work. Double check the port settings in printer properties and make sure that the connection type port is set to TCP/IP only. Also make sure that the printer is set to default printer. Does your word document contain any graphics, charts, etc...? -Brad
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

-Best cartoon of all time :-D 'Spongebob Squarepants' [cook]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back