Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from Terminal Server to Network Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundell

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2000
US
Got a question for anyone out there today my friend and I where playing with terminal server we have a lexmark laser printer on a print server and we have a computer sharing this printer. Now we are trying to make it so that when a user logs onto teminal server it will add this printer well the problem is it won't add printer unless it is connected to pc or using lpt1 we are running Windows 2000 Server for our terminal server and using vpn. now we tried capturing the printer to lpt1 still didn't work has anyone had any luck getting to print from terminal server client to a network printer can't find much info on this in need of help any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Robb

define a roaming terminal profile for your users,
log on with the user account to the terminal server machine itself (desktop) (with admin rights)
add a (network) printer and log out
next time the users logs on to a terminal server session, the printer will be available ---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be
*:->* Did this post help? Click below to let me know !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back